Thursday 23 August 2012

Advice

First of all let me explain that I think, without question, you should take advice; be it from me or anyone else. However some advice can be more useful than others, I'm more than happy to admit that some of the things I post on here are weak, and not as effective as others!

Use your elders, if you can build a bond with an older sibling, cousin or even your parents this is invaluable, you'll learn more from their mistakes than you will do from your successes! This also means that you'll fail less before improving your success rate. Whether or not you should listen to your friends is an incredibly difficult question to answer, and one that only realistically you know; I have two clear sets those at uni and those outside. I would trust those at uni to be truthful and not to exaggerate, however the advice that I get from outside may be more useful to me personally - however that's just me!

You should always give advice, this is part of the reason I'e started this blog. In particular when you're entering a new situation you should find out all you can before entering this situation - not just about pulling but about life. This is why in this post I've included firstly the three main bits of advice I'd give, and second of all a short piece on what to expect from university life/freshers. I understand that this will be somewhat irrelevant to some, in which case skip it, however to those who are interested read away

Three Top Tips
1. Be Confident
2. Be Yourself
3. Read the situation - alter yourself to both your setting and who it is you're with

The Freshers Guide
Freshers is the hardest, but best part of uni life; You're extracted from your home life and placed in a new life with entirely new people. If you want to reinvent yourself then this is your opportunity - if you want to make a reputation for yourself do it now! The first day will be the hardest but be yourself and be outgoing and try to get on with everyone - you'll be surprised how easily the effort is reciprocated. The first night out just go out without any expectations, don't try and pull just have a good time and get to know who you're living with. At my uni freshers week is intertwined with lectures so I didn't have that much free time. if you do find yourself at a lose end spend it with people.

My one key piece of advice would be don't shut yourself away because you're unhappy, get out and meet people and you'll have a far better time than if you kept yourself to yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment